Bellaire, affectionately referred to as the “City of Homes,” is an incorporated city in the heart of the Houston area, quickly recognized by its red street signs, with its own police, recreation, and fire departments.

     In 1909, W. W. Baldwin bought 9,700 acres of the DeMoss Ranch and the original townsite was part of that purchase. At that time, it was named Westmoreland Farms and it was home to many grazing cows. In 1911, Bellaire was registered and, in June 1918, incorporated as a city.

     By 1919, Bellaire had grown to 25 homes. The growth continued and by 1939, Bellaire had 330 residences. During that year, Bellaire adopted its first zoning ordinances and, after World War II, the housing boom exploded. By 1960, there were over 6,000 homes.

     During the 1980s, the need for “close in” housing escalated. Builders and developers began to focus on the small bungalow two bedroom, one bath homes that lined the large, treed Bellaire streets. The bungalow is being replaced by beautiful two and three story new construction homes that reflect various architectural styles. Strong zoning requirements enhance and protect the residential and neighborhood qualities of Bellaire life.

    Today, Bellaire offers award-winning schools, beautiful parks, a variety of recreational facilities, excellent libraries as well as immediate access to the 610 Loop just a short distance from the world-renowned Texas Medical Center, The Galleria, various business districts and a wide assortment of cultural events.

     Bellaire continues to be a highly sought-after neighborhood by newcomers to Houston. This truly outstanding community harmoniously blends small town living with big city amenities.

Property Information

reduced-tab
rental-tab
sold-tab

Bellaire Outside Loop, TX Market Trends

Average Sale Price ($)

Loading...

3 Months|6 Months|1 Year

Sale Price as % of Asking Price

Loading...

3 Months|6 Months|1 Year

Average Listing Inventory

Loading...

3 Months|6 Months|1 Year


Property Picks